Tuesday, February 2, 2010

gratitude

ok, sunday i listened to my pastor's sermon online and it was all about gratitude. keeping that in mind, here was my day:

gratitude

there was hardly anyone at church (due to the massive amounts of snow we received the day and night before combined with massive wind), but when i walked out of the house, wondering if there would even be church, there were a few people outside, including katka's dad and he waved at me, so i headed down. he and ďuri were there and said they were waiting for me :)


gratitude


ďuri asked me something i didn't quite understand and katka's dad mentioned something about freezing (zmrznúť) and told him yes. i figured out later that he was asking me if he should kúriť (put wood in the furnace-type thing that heats the radiators) the house for me (since the family was out of town for a funeral).

gratitude

at church katka was waiting for me and nobody was upstairs so we sat with her parents. since katka was doing the readings, she sat on the end and i sat between her and her dad. during the service, he could tell that my hands were cold, so he took my cold hands in his very warm ones and held them and warmed them up for me :)

gratitude

after church i dropped of fmy stuff and went to
kúriť, but when i opened the door, it was already full of wood! I had my own kúriť fairy (named ďuri).


gratitude


then, katka and i headed to her house. she knew that i was alone, so she had asked her parents if i could come over for sunday lunch (the big meal of the week here). the lunch was delicious and afterwards, katka and i hung out in her room and then when i needed to go make sure the house was still warm, we told her parents and that's when i found out that ďuri was taking care of it for me! so instead, we hung out and had delicious, freshly-made pudding and watched march of the penguins:)


gratitude


when i finally needed to go home to do a few things, i came back and ďuri was still there and he said that he had been keeping it warm for me so that i could go to sleep and he had shoveled quite a bit of the driveway so i could walk around and get where i needed to go!


gratitude


i was alone in the house, and it could've been a very lonely weekend, but thanks to so many wonderful people here in rankovce, i was instead showered with love and generosity. and at the end of the day, my gratitude was through the roof!


gratitude

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful recap of your day! Sometimes I think we forget about those little things that people do for us.

    ReplyDelete